1. If you change your booking
The client may choose to change any of the details of the booking or the tour date, after our confirmation has been issued. In this case, we will charge an amendment fee of 50€ per booking, only if necessary in order us to make the changes and we will try our best to make the changes requested, subject to availability. In addition to the administration fee we charge, any alteration, whether a change to an existing booking or a change to another tour or departure date, will also be subject to payment by you of any costs imposed by any of the suppliers providing the component parts of the tour. If the tour to which you transfer is more expensive than the one you originally booked, a further deposit will also be payable.
If you are unable to travel, in circumstances which we consider reasonable, you may transfer your booking to another person, approved by you, subject to the following:
- You must notify us at least 15 days prior to departure
- Your request is accompanied by all original travel documents which you have received and the full name and address of the transferee
- The transferee must fulfill any conditions that apply to the booking
- Payment by you of an administrative charge of 30€ per person plus payment of all costs charged or imposed to us by any of the suppliers providing the component parts of the tour.
2. If you cancel your booking
You, or any member of your party, may cancel your tour at any time providing that the cancellation is made by the lead name in writing. Notice of cancellation will be effective upon receipt of your written communication and acknowledgement by Local Moods or its authorized agents. As we start to incur costs from the time the contract is confirmed, cancellation fees will apply as shown below. The date of the cancellation notice is the date said notice is received by the Company.
- Cancellation up to 30 days before event is free of charge
- Cancellation from 30 to 20 days before event: withholding of 20%
- Cancellation from 20 to 10 days before event: withholding of 40%
- Cancellation 10 days prior to event or not appearing: withholding of the total amount
All reservations/bookings proceeded through our website are subject to the cancelation policy of our company.
3. If we change your booking
The Company will make all reasonable efforts to ensure that Client’s tour proceeds as planned and represented. However, the Company reserves the right to make changes in the schedule or itinerary of a tour without incurring any refund obligations as a result of unexpected occurrences. Changes in tour services, including but not limited to hotels, itineraries, bicycle/hiking/sailing/rafting routes, modes of transport, or end destinations, may be altered at the Company’s discretion, and this is particularly so when said changes are due to the weather, Acts of God, labor strikes or other external forces outside the Company’s control that may affect the tour’s schedule.
Most changes are minor. Occasionally, we have to make a significant change. If a significant change has to be made, we will inform you as soon as reasonably possible, if there is time before departure and you have the following options:
- Accept the changed arrangements (at an additional cost, if applicable)
- Purchase another available tour from us (paying or receiving a refund in respect of any difference in price) or
- Cancel the tour with a full refund of all monies paid to us.
Very rarely, we may be forced by “force majeure” (see clause 8) to change or terminate your tour after departure but before the scheduled end of your time away. This is extremely unlikely but if this situation does occur, we regret we will be unable to make any refunds (unless we obtain any refunds from our suppliers), pay you any compensation or meet any costs or expenses you incur as a result.
The Client acknowledges that foreign travel and/or adventure travel requires a degree of flexibility and that unexpected changes may arise due to local circumstances. The Company urges Clients to procure travel insurance to cover such unforeseen events.
4. If we cancel your booking
Local Moods reserves the right to cancel the Client’s tour, however, the Company will normally not do so unless forced to do so by virtue of unforeseen circumstances such as flight cancellations, civil or political unrest or ‘force majeure’ beyond company’s control or on group tours where minimum numbers have not been reached or if you fail to proceed with full payment of your booked tour.
Circumstances amounting to “force majeure” include any event which we or the supplier of the service(s) in question could not even with all due care, foresee or forestall such as (by way of example and not by way of limitation) war, threat of war, riot, civil strife, industrial dispute, terrorist activity, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, acts of God, adverse weather conditions, and all similar events. If we cancel the tour due to “force majeure”, we regret we cannot accept liability or pay any compensation for expenses incurred by participants in preparation for a trip such as non-refundable air tickets, equipment, etc. The Company urges Clients to procure travel insurance to cover such unforeseen events.
Our scheduled and private group tours require a minimum number of participants to enable us to operate them. If any tour does not have the minimum number of participants required to make it commercially viable, we are entitled to cancel it. We will notify you or your travel agent of cancellation for this reason not less than 3 weeks before the start of your tour and you have the choice to:
- Pay an increased price to be determined at that time based on the number of booked participants and proceed with the tour as scheduled, or
- Transfer to another tour that is running that season or within a year, or
- Receive a full refund
If you fail to comply with the payment terms and conditions, as stated at paragraph 4 (see Terms&Conditions), we reserve the right to cancel the tour. If so, no compensation will be payable by Local Moods and the above options will not be available.